Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mt. Yongmasan

This morning I decided to start my Saturday off by trying out some hiking, while Eric continued to explore some other areas of the city.  There are a couple mountains close to where we live so I picked one, Mt. Yongmasan (348 meters high) and started the hike.  At some points I felt like I was doing more rock climbing than hiking though.  It was quite steep in some spots.  Other spots had long, long staircases leading up to the next section.  Now I know why the Koreans that look like they are going hiking always have hiking sticks with them!  If the rock climbing wasn't enough for some hard core hikers there were a few different stationary exercise stations along the way where you could lift some weights or work out on the elliptical.  I opted to sit on a rock and catch my breath instead.  It took me just over an hour but I did make it to the very top (where an old Korean man was selling ice cream!) and I stood on the stone signifying I was at the very top.  You could see the Han River and a lot of the city.  It was pretty awesome to look down and see how high up I had climbed.  It was also strange to go hiking on a mountain and still be able to see and hear the city most of the way up.  We also went to another movie tonight.  We got to see The Avengers a whole week before it even hits theaters back home!  Here are a few pictures from my hike.  More will be on our website soon.

 Mt. Yongmasan

 This pavilion was on the middle of the mountain

 Here's the workout place where you could continue to exercise if climbing a mountain wasn't enough

 View of the city from the very top of the mountain
 

No comments:

Post a Comment