Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow in Seoul

We got our first glimpse of Seoul snow today!  There was quite a bit too.  It started to come down pretty heavily about noon and didn't let up until almost six o'clock, a good few inches later.  I had a lot I wanted to get done with my kindergarten class today but of course that all went by the wayside the second one of them announced it was snowing.  So I got them bundled up and we spent some time outside, which they all seemed to thoroughly enjoy.  All of our elementary classes were about half the size or smaller since not all of the school buses were running and some parents just didn't want to send their kids.  By evening the temperature had dropped into the low twenties, causing all of the snow to become compacted ice.  That made for an interesting walk home.  All of the main roads are fine but we walk on a less traveled back road to and from work which meant lots of compact snow/ice.  Since it's not supposed to get above freezing anytime soon (maybe March?) I don't think the snow and ice on these back roads will be going anywhere.  Maybe we will even get to have a white Christmas!

I will say that walking home on the ice was quickly forgotten once we started to eat the amazing chicken tacos I had left cooking in the crockpot.  It was the first main dish I have used our new crockpot for and definitely a good choice!  Eric has requested that it become a weekly meal.  Maybe there is hope for my cooking skills as long as I can have a crockpot and Pinterest! 

 Looking out the window was definitely not good enough!

 Jacob showing off his snowball before throwing it at Johnny

 The snow when it was fluffy

The snow when it was ice

No comments:

Post a Comment