Sunday, January 19, 2014

Packing and Shopping

This last week I spent some time during my afternoons starting the packing process.  Anything big and heavy (like our video game systems and souvenirs) and clothes we can live without for the next couple months are starting to get packed.  We plan to send the majority of our stuff home via surface mail which can take as long as 60-90 days (the Pacific Ocean is really big).  So anything we can live without here, on vacation, and for a short time after we get back home is going to be sent out very soon.  We've also started to list some things on Craigslist in hopes of selling anything we don't plan to keep, but also don't want to just throw away. We've had a little luck with some of the smaller things, but so far no luck with anything big (which is the stuff we care most about selling!).

On Saturday, Eric and I went to a popular spot for souvenir shopping as we were in search of a couple things we want to take home with us.  After doing our shopping, I went to meet some friends and then Eric and I met up with two of our other friends for dinner.  It was a busy Saturday but nice to spend it with a variety of friends!

I have a week and a half left of teaching English camp (I really enjoy these short days!!!  I'm not sure I'll be ready to go back to full days in February!).  Last week I did an Angry Birds theme with my 4th grade group which they absolutely loved.  Instead of focusing on intense English instruction, I planned different crafts and activities for them centered around the theme which allowed them to be creative and have fun.  I realized they don't get to spend a whole lot of time being creative in their regular classes (and English camp is free so I don't have to please any paying parents!) so I let them be creative and they still got some English practice in as well.  I'm doing the same theme with a group of 5th graders this week and a couple days next week so hopefully they will find it just as enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment