Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Busy Week Almost Over

It's been quite a busy week at work this week.  Last Friday was the monthly test day for elementary classes which meant grading and report cards needed to be completed by Tuesday.  We start new units with the elementary classes on Tuesday which meant monthly plans for each class needed to be done by Wednesday.  Our kindergarteners took their first quarterly test on Monday which meant grading and progress reports for them done by today.  All of these things are very simple to do, just time consuming when they are due all in the same week.  However, we still have never needed to do any work outside of our normal working hours (something you hear many foreign teachers, including some we work with, complaining about).  On top of that I got another little girl in my kindergarten class, my second new student in just over a week.  She attended a different SLP location for the last couple months which means she is right up to speed with most of my other students which is nice.  Apparently our school will be getting several new kindergarten students next week.  Supposedly Eric may even be getting four new boys in his class.  That means he will have ten students... all boys...

We both love our kindergarten classes a lot.  We actually like the kindergarten classes more than the elementary classes most days.  Something neither one of us would have expected!  This week I started teaching my little three and four year olds how to put letters together to make simple words (at, bat, cat, hat, etc.).  I loved how excited they got when they realized they were reading!  I only wish I got them for more than a few hours each day.  Even with our short time each day I'm pretty sure I will have these kids reading English in no time, even before they can read Korean!

Even amidst such a busy week it has flown by once again as we are already at Thursday night.  This weekend we get our first three day weekend (Happy Birthday Buddha) and are taking the train down to Busan for a weekend at the beach.  Eric's cousin lives in Busan and we look forward to meeting his family while we are there.  Pictures of the East Sea and Haeundae Beach coming soon!

 Took my kinders to the playground one day last week.  They had a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment