Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Weekend

We had another fairly relaxed weekend since the weather was always either hot/humid or hot/humid/rainy, making sightseeing less desirable.  We did however do a few things:  We took the new teacher, Melanie, out for her first Korean BBQ experience at Kolgi King on Friday night and on Saturday we went to the much anticipated (by Eric) Dark Knight Rises movie.  I'm pretty sure Batman is just as popular with Koreans as it is back home.  I went to get tickets for four of us (since you have to reserve a seat when you buy your ticket) right when they opened on Saturday morning and it was no easy task.  The movie was playing every half hour for the whole day and there were only a handful of shows that still had four tickets left, of course none with four seats together.  We were able to get two and two (in the front two rows) though.  Sitting in the front of a movie theater here is kind of a perk.  For one there is still a lot of room between the front row and the screen so you do not have to look straight up the whole time like you do back home.  AND they have foot rests so you can put your feet up and sit back in the Cinetopia like chairs and enjoy the movie.  Anyway, after the movie we also took Melanie out for her first Costco experience.  As always it was insanely busy but an adventure.  Today I decided to take a walk down by the river to some gorgeous flowers I had seen while riding my bike to the movie theater yesterday.  While I thought I picked a good time inbetween monsoons, I was wrong.  The monsoon came back shortly after I started.  Fortunately, I kept going and it didn't last too long.  By the time I got to the flowers it had stopped and I got a lot of pictures of the flowers.  Meanwhile I have spent most of the afternoon having fun editing them while Eric makes taquitos for dinner (very yummy!).  Tomorrow our work schedule changes a bit since the elementary kids have started their four week summer vacation and our hagwon offers an intensive program during this time for them.  Stay tuned to hear how that goes.  Also, check out all of the flower pictures on Shutterfly!  Unfortunately I had to reduce the quality on most of them to stay under the maximum file size Shutterfly lets me upload.  Here are a couple samples...






No comments:

Post a Comment