Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baking at Last

So we both got to try our hand with the oven today (I was first)!  Chocolate chip cookies was the first thing officially baked in our oven followed by Eric's homemade breadsticks.  Both very tasty and so much fun to be able to make ourselves!!  It was quite exciting when the house started smelling like cookies!  We have plans for plenty more this week, particularly for breads and dinners!  I know with such a small freezer I must contain myself because we definitely don't want any of our precious baked goods to go to waste before we can eat them!

I knew I better share some of the cookies before we ate them all in a matter of days so I took some when I met up with some friends this afternoon before we went and saw Les Miserables.  Eric and I actually went and saw the movie last weekend because I was so anxious to see it after continuing to hear how good it was.  I love musicals but I guess I have only really seen funny ones...  Not knowing much of anything about the story beforehand, this was definitely a tear jerker of a musical.  The second time tonight was even more of a major tear jerker than the first time!  Definitely a great musical movie but tissues are a must (even if Russell Crowe can't sing very well)!  We have discovered that humor does not translate well from English movies to Korean subtitles (we often find ourselves to be the only ones laughing at times!), but apparently emotional musicals translate quite well because both times I saw the movie I could hear the tears filling the whole theater.

The oven at work... It's cooking our lunch during this moment.  It still has no permanent place but the table is working for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment