Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baking Weekend

It was a pretty nice weekend in Seoul (for winter) and we both spent quite a bit of time outside.  It got above freezing both days and I was even able to wear one less layer of clothing!  They are predicting 1-2 inches of snow tomorrow though...  Yesterday I went to the outdoor baking market with my friend (a frequent baker) who was able to show me around a bit more from experience.  We both wanted to get a few ingredients for our future baking and did a whole lot of walking around the area.  Eric spent quite a bit of time out and about exploring parts of our neighborhood that we haven't got to yet.  Since it got so cold right after we moved we haven't gone too far to explore the other side.  He discovered we're actually not too far from another subway line which will be much more convenient than having to transfer at times.  We both did some of our own baking this weekend too.  He made some very tasty homemade pizza rolls for dinner one night (with homemade bread) and I used the crockpot to make a very delicious, but also extremely rich, chocolate lava cake.  Did you know you could make cake in a crockpot?  I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while to find out if it really works and it was a big success (according to the two of us)!  It is definitely a chocolate lover's dream!  Though I think I will take most of the leftovers to work tomorrow so we don't eat all of it and I have another reason to bake another dessert soon :)  I guess it might become common for a while to post about our newest baking adventures while the novelty of actually having an oven in our home sticks with us!  We're not sure how we ever lived with just a two burner stove for ten months...  But I think we will try to avoid ever having to live like that again!

My purchases from the baking market: cream cheese, powdered sugar and cocoa powder.  I have so many ideas I'm not sure where I will start next.  My friend and I also bought a bag of cinnamon to share that didn't get in the picture.

Crockpot chocolate lava cake.  Incredibly gooey, fudgy and chocolatey- what else do you need?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment