Sunday, June 9, 2013

Busy Weekend in June

We stayed pretty busy this weekend and some great times with some great people!  On Saturday, I had some of my friends over for a rooftop BBQ.  It was a very warm day but by evening it was a perfect time to be on the roof to enjoy the breeze, the company, and a whole lot of food.  Even though he was surrounded by several girls, I think Eric had a pretty good time too.  We really enjoy having people over to our house to just hang out together.  That seems to be a rare thing in Korea as the houses are all so small and most people just gather together at a restaurant for a few hours instead.  But we are glad we have had the opportunity to share our home (and roof) with others.  We hope to be able to do it some more but we have to wait until fall now as the summer weather has definitely arrived...

Today we got to meet up with two of my former kindergarten students and their families at Children's Grand Park near our house.  I guess two of my students from last year, Tommy and Elizabeth, are always telling their moms that they miss me and want to see me.  Hearing that sure makes a teacher's heart happy :)  It was so fun to meet them at the park today and spend a while with them and their families.  It was 90 degrees today and I told Eric as we were walking to the park that I'd sure like to go swimming.  Well we did end up going swimming, or at least getting plenty wet!  They had a wading pool area for the kids at the park so we took Tommy, Elizabeth and their siblings to wade in the water.  It was the perfect way to cool off, even if I did get much wetter than I had planned thanks to the kids splashing me plenty!  We had a picnic lunch together, enjoyed visiting with their moms and playing with the kids.  I'm so thankful they have been staying in contact with me and it's such a great feeling to know the kids (and parents) still think about me and miss me, just like I miss them!

 We had so much playing with these kiddos today!  Elizabeth, Tommy and Tommy's brother

We took this picture after she said "Stephanie Teacher hug me please!"  So sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment