Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eric's Birthday

Eric's birthday was this last Thursday so to celebrate we had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Ashley's buffet, and then went to the new Star Trek movie, which happened to come out here on his birthday (he was very excited!!).  We ate way too much food at the restaurant but it was delicious.  The movie was good too, even though Eric says it was very similar to one of the movies in the original movie series.  (I got him the original motion picture series on Blu-ray for his birthday so we have started watching those together this weekend!)  I made him vanilla cupcakes for his birthday dessert which were pretty tasty too.  It was a nice evening and we love the fact that the hours of our jobs for this year allow us to have a date night during the week when we want it! 

On Saturday Eric actually had to work at his Friday job to make up for a holiday we had on a Friday in May.  While he did that I met a friend for lunch and went to Costco.  I realized how much I hate pushing a cart through Costco by myself (usually Eric does it) because the very aggressive Korean ajummas push their carts wherever and whenever they want leaving me to fend for myself! (Ajummas are a stereotype in Korea for the middle-aged and older Korean women who all look the same because they all have the same hairstyle and basically get whatever they want.  They cross the street whenever they want, pay whatever price they want at the street markets, and run over everyone else with their shopping carts at Costco.)  Sunday we had a more relaxed day.  I went for a walk at the Han River and played with the camera a bit while taking some pictures.  It was close to 90 degrees so it was pretty hot and sweaty but still a nice walk.  So far we have only had the air conditioner on one day but it is supposed to stay warm this week so we will see if we can keep it off or not!  We figure it will feel more refreshing if we keep it turned off until we really need it!!  (If Eric doesn't really need it yet you know it can't be too bad :) )  But now that it is June we know the summer heat is coming quick!  At least this year we will be a tad bit more prepared and expecting... 

Here are a couple pictures from Eric's birthday.  Apparently there is a size limit on the amount of pictures you can upload on Blogger and we have reached the limit :(  So right now I can only upload pictures I take with my phone since they are a small file size, though I may go through and delete some older pictures on here so I can upload again.  For now be sure to check out our Shutterfly site for all of our recent pictures!!

He was happy he got his steak :)
 
 I used Angry Birds wrapping paper :)

 View of the Han River from outside the restaurant

We walked through the zoo near our house on Saturday evening and the baby rams were ramming each other... so funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment