Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Nutcracker Ballet and Christmas Baking

On Saturday Eric and I went to see The Nutcracker Ballet.  We enjoyed it and were excited to be able to see a Christmas show in Seoul.  Christmas is very anticlimatic in Korea so we have been having to search for ways to feel Christmasy but I think we've done a pretty good job!  We decided to get all dressed up and then went to one of our favorite restaurants afterwards.  I also got into my Christmas baking this weekend.  I tried three new recipes from Pinterest- lemon crinkle cookies, fudge, and snickerdoodle bars, that we are going to give away to coworkers and friends this week.  I'm also making a small two-layer cake (both from scratch obviously) for just the two of us to enjoy on Christmas Eve so I made one chocolate and one vanilla cake layer this weekend as well.  Tomorrow after work I will whip up the frosting and decide how exactly we plan to store it once it's assembled since I haven't quite figured that out yet! 

This coming week my co-teacher and I decided to take it easy at work since it's the last week before the month long winter vacation and the students are so ready for it.  We decided we will show the movie Elf with Korean subtitles.  Well I showed the first 40 minutes of it to my last class on Friday and it did not go over well at all.  I thought that one would be the best of the Christmas movie options to show considering how our versions of humor are drastically different, but I forgot to take into account that the kids have no concept of Santa Claus or Elves or any of that.  So it wasn't quite as funny as I had hoped for but I'm hoping maybe some of the other classes will get into it a little more maybe.

Only 3 days till Christmas!!! :)

 All dressed up next to our little tree before the show

Outside the theater

No comments:

Post a Comment