Saturday, December 28, 2013

Winter Vacation time

We had a pretty lazy weekend around home for the most part this weekend.  We both agree that it doesn't really seem like Christmas should have come and gone already so we have opted to leave what few decorations we have up for a bit longer and we may have even watched a Christmas movie or two this weekend.

Eric has a week of vacation time now that he plans to spend some of doing nothing at home and the rest playing computer games at the PC bang (computer room).  Friday was the unofficial last day of the semester for me.  The students will come back for two weeks of regular classes in February but I'm not sure those will really count for much.  On Monday I will start teaching English camp in the mornings.  I'll have two classes for 80 minutes each and then be allowed to leave work at noon everyday.  So other than the fact I still have to get up early everyday, it's almost like a break for me too.  I'll take my remaining ten days of vacation time during the last two weeks of February when it is the spring vacation between school years.  I have no idea what I will do with all those free hours in the afternoon that I don't have to spend desk warming for a change, but I'm sure I'll find something.  In the coming weeks I know I will need to start going through stuff for us to figure out what can be thrown away, given away, sold or sent home.  But that sounds like a very big project I'm not ready to think much about quite yet!

Right now we don't have any plans for New Years Eve this week so it may likely be a quiet evening in.  Last year we missed New Years since we were on a plane and crossed the International Date Line after New Years had already begun on this side of the world.  I think pretty much every other year in recent history we've watched the ball drop in Times Square on TV but that won't really be an option this year since we'll be one of the first time zones in the world to ring in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment