Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Teacher's Day

Today was Teacher's Day in Korea.  Last year we both got some nice things from our kindergarten students.  This year, being at a public school meant I didn't get any gifts, but I did get to go home right after lunch in honor of Teacher's Day!  Eric got a few things from his students like some cactus plants, pens, wine and sunscreen.  One of the parents even told him they didn't know what to get for him so they gave him lipstick to give to me instead!  I guess I did get something for Teacher's Day after all!

Last weekend I decided to keep busy by spending Saturday at Seoul Zoo with a friend and on Sunday we had a nice rooftop BBQ with some of our former coworkers at our house.  It was a nice weekend and we definitely enjoyed the time outside.  It feels much more humid this week and I am realizing that long pants are almost not even an option anymore.  Just like I tried to keep my winter coat put away for as along as possible, I'm also trying to keep the shorts and skirts put away as long as possible but I think it's just about time to get them out.  We'll see how long I can last in capris...  Eric hasn't wanted to turn the air conditioner on yet because we both know once it goes on it probably won't be turned off until September.  Luckily open windows and a fan has been working well enough!

I'm having trouble uploading pictures from the zoo to the blog but will upload them to Shutterfly in the coming day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment