Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Challenges of Life


The reason I decided I definitely wanted us to keep a blog during our year (now 2 years) in Korea was not only so we could keep family and friends updated on our adventures, but also so we can go back and remember what our lives were like during this time.  While it's important for us to remember all of the wonderful and happy times and adventures we've had, I think it's also important for us to remember the challenges we faced and how we were able to overcome those times as well.  Today is one of those times as I received the news of my grandma passing away this morning.  It's a challenge we were both so hoping we would not have to face while being so far away from all of our family.  Yet for reasons beyond our understanding, it happened anyway and I am forced to overcome my grief and move on even from so far away.  I long for nothing more than to be at home with my family as we all get through the tough days ahead, but I am so thankful to be here with such a wonderful husband who has traveled this path of grief before, and is beyond supportive of everything I've needed and will need.  This is the second time we have had to walk this path in our year and a half of marriage and I have the utmost faith that it only makes us stronger as we lean on each other through the hardest hours.  My grandma was a wonderful person who loved her family with her whole heart.  I truly feel like she was one of my best and closest friends and I know a day won't go by that I don't miss her.  Yet I continue to do everything I can to focus on all the wonderful memories I have and feel so blessed to have had her in my life for as long as I did.  I'm just sorry I couldn't give her the great grandchild I think she so desperately wanted! :)  Life can be full of challenges at times, as we have seen over the recent months and years, but it is also filled with so many more wonderful memories and blessings beyond what I can count.  So as we continue through this challenge together, I will do what I can to focus on those blessings and memories because there are so very many.  :)


1 comment:

  1. That's a nice post and a nice picture, Steph. I've been praying for you guys and your parents as well and will continue to do so. Happy to hear you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete